thanks crest...we just need to set all these people straight [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Very accurate analysis.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
thanks crest...we just need to set all these people straight [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
"My view of the world, Republicans benefit the rich to much and Democrats benefit the poor and people who refuse to work"
My view of the world is a close to that but just a little different. Republicans benefit capitalism and also those who feel it is their responsibility to work for a living moreso than democrats. Democrats benefit socialism and those with the idea of personal entitlement moreso than republicans.
[/ QUOTE ]
An accurate analysis, indeed!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
[ QUOTE ]
I think you went to MECC for a semester right PVFAN? If you did, then Im sure that when it was time for the financial aid checks to come out you seen the mad house in the bookstore and at Wal-Mart. Some kids would only be enrolled in the minimum amount of credit hours and just to get this check. Most of them wouldnt even come to class half the time, just enough to get the check. Some of them would receive ungodly amounts of money back like $1500-$2000. They would go and purchase playstation games, stereo's, dvd's and all kinds of stupid $hit in the bookstore and you would go in the parking lot and they would be driving $30,000 vehicles. You tell me how someone can afford a $30,000 vehicle and still qualify for that much aid? Some need it and I do empathize, but the majority abuse it and its a waste of hard earned tax dollars. Odds are half of them will eventually quit school and the government nor the economy will ever see any of that money put back into the system. UVA-Wise doesnt seem to be as bad, most are pretty serious about their education and getting finished.
School is just like anything else, if you have to work a little for it, you will appreciate it more and actually put it to some use. If you get it just handed to you, most will abuse it and never put it to any use.
[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious here greencrest, and you don't have to respond if you wish. Just to help me put that commentary into perspective, have you gone to college? If so, where did you go to?
My thought is this--those people who did scammed things like that most of the time were the kids living off of the child support their dad was paying their mother, plus they had all their bills getting paid by one parent or the other and were being given everything they want. That's not ALL the college students that go up to MECC, so to characterize lots of them as that due to wanting to make a political point is wrong, and you should be ashamed to take a relatively small percentage and make an assumption based on many (ala Kerry with the military & education). There's a lot of people who had their parents pay for their college, but they worked hard and concentrated to get the best grades they could in order to get their degree, and go on to use it as best as they could.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
When I was at MECC, I would see tons of people making a late run to the bookstore when their grant money was about ot run out. Buying every expensive item they could get. $50 sweatshirts, etc.
One would think that the money would have a stipulation that it only be spent on books or tuition.
My parents didn't make a lot of money, but I got shut out of any financial aid because they had worked hard, bought a few acres of land, and had almost paid it off.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I didn't realize that so many of our posters were of age to have been screwed over by Eemocrats with regard to financial aid. Here we are 7 years of GOP President and Congress has been GOP for what...? I thought a lot of the posters on here were in the 17-24 range, most of who would have been 'screwed' over by GOP.
I also am forced to wonder how we can blame the Democrats when we didn't have biggest deficit under them, and we do the GOP. It's amazing how we sit and blame the Democrats for social programs, but blame them for no college money.
Now I do understand that we were caught in a situation where we did need to redo/rethink a lot of our operations due to 911 and that is going to require money.
We sit here and complain about Clinton and his immorality but when there is a Republican that is as immoral or worse (see Foley), we try to downplay it and talk about how its an exception, not the rule. Some of the worst people I've seen preaching morals turn around and prove otherwise.
Seriously, I'll admit I'm Democratic leaning, but until this year, I don't think I have voted a straight ticket in forever (and I guess if you want to group the marriage amendment in, I didn't vote straight ticket again) but the way some on here act, you would vote for Hitler if he was running on the GOP ticket. I know that there are some Democrats who are just as bad, but goodness gracious. Admit that you got some pretty crapheads and amazingly the GOP is just as bad for screwing things up as the Democrats.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious here greencrest, and you don't have to respond if you wish. Just to help me put that commentary into perspective, have you gone to college? If so, where did you go to?
[/ QUOTE ]
Went MECC 2 years, graduated with a Police Science Degree, changed my mind, going to UVA-Wise, majoring in Political Science, planning to go to law school if all goes well and join my sissy's in their practice.
I apologize if I offended anyone but I stated the facts reguarding check time at MECC. It's a mad frenzy and its ridiculous. Ive worked since the day I graduated high school, not paid a lot of taxes but enough for it to [censored] me off. My Dad worked 30 years with Verizon, made decent money, put 4 kids through college, currently a 5th with myself givin that I can finish. I come from biggamesjames perspective, I really dont care if anyone likes it or not.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
Well unfourtunately I have been in college long enough to see the ramifications of both parties. While pursuing my undergrad at MECC and UVAWise I barely got by, now at ETSU, the government has cut down the amount of money that I can borrow with student loans. I can't live off the amount that I can borrow right now. I don't mind borrowing the money, to me, it's worth it all, and it makes me value my education, but to say that I don't "qualify" for it in the first place, really ticks me off! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.
well i certainly agree with you there...if someone wants to borrow money to pay for their education they should be able to do so...i appreciate the people that want to do that rather than expect the gov't to put them through college. student loans should be available to anybody that needs it.
That's strange. Are you considered independent? When i was in grad school (about 2.5 years ago) I received student loans for everything since i had 0 income. (Well i did work one shift a week as a server) It was more than enough to pay for my tuition, books, rent, etc. Of course i didn't have money to buy anything that I didn't need- i paid my bills and had an on campus food plan. I was also in state so that may have helped. I didn't realize things had changed so much.
Now of course i'm paying all that back. That's the fun part! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Bookmarks